Tuesday, June 3, 2008

This could become a problem

I know I've missed several days, but I'm not one to take responsibility for things. SO...my excuses are as follows:
1. sweat
2. memory card
3. travel
4. lack of internet at College Park

Now that I've taken care of that...my recent outfits.

Oh, and I also apologize for the size of these pictures. I am posting from the library b/c of the internet situation, but even here I am having massive struggles. Ugh. This WILL be rectified.

Monday:
Photobucket
Beige Top with Tie - Calvin Klein, Jeans - Gap, Bronze Flats - Born, Watch - Fossil, Beaded Necklace - on loan from Jessica (there is some debate about the location of purchase - I think 1,000 Villages, Jessica thinks NY & Co.), Polka Dot bag - Knock-off Kate Spade from the streets of NYC, Duffel - No Boundaries, Suitcase - Value City

This look was put together for maximum comfort and ease of movement. The shirt doesn't wrinkle (great for the planes, all 3 of them), the watch keeps me on track, and the flats allow me to look cute while I run from gate to gate. I took this picture around 7pm when I finally got back to my apartment. So as you can see, the outfit held up pretty well.

Oh, and we can all thank my mom for my sweet new super-short pixie. Success!

Tuesday:
Photobucket
Sheer floral top - Charlotte Russe, White Tank - Gap, Jeans - NY & Co., Bronze flats - Born, Turquoise beaded bracelet - H&M

Well, I've been suffering from a bit of deja vu since I got back to my apartment last night. It just feels very...last summer. In honor of that feeling, I decided to wear the outfit that made me a celebrity on the first day of orientation. I was wearing this top and these jeans when I ran into the very first meeting of TA's, grad students, faculty members, and so on (I was late, of course). Later in the day, I wore this outfit to the very first mixer at Laurie's apartment (soon to be mine!). I found out several weeks, months for some people, later that their first impressions of me were largely based on aspects of this outfit. Oh well...they were mostly good. :)

The accessories have been changed to protect the innocent.

5 comments:

Jecca Andrew said...

deja vu.
with a j.
very cute mandi. i'm glad you finally posted some more :)

trresa said...

I LOVE Tuesday's outfit. (Of course I love Monday's too, but I saw that when you left here) Anyway, I really love the top on today's outfit, very very cute.

Anita said...

So glad to see you chose my favorite shoes. Now my question is this, to cuff or not to cuff? Or does it make a difference? Shew, I know it was just 1 1/2 years ago I was told not to cuff my geans and to even let them be so long they shred. Please, help me miss hemline.

Amanda said...

haha...good question, anita. in my case, jeans can be cuffed because i'm clownishly short. the gap pair that i wore on monday is the only ones i have now that have to be cuffed, thankfully. it's not my favorite, but it's better than a self-made-hem. those rarely work and are continually disappointing.

oh! also, the cuff can never happen if there is a taper to the leg opening. :)

Anita said...

I assume the taper is a taper out, correct? Thanks for the advice.