Wednesday, June 11, 2008

On a Teacher's Salary

(But not a teacher’s outfit) :)

White V-neck T – Old Navy, Jean Skirt – Clockhouse, Black Leggings, Floral Flats, Star Earrings & Red Beaded Necklace - xhiliration

This outfit was inspired by those gorgeous little floral flats that I found at Target on Tuesday. My mom and sister know that I have continued to admire the Chinese Laundry shoes that these are patterned after, so I was thrilled to find these on clearance for a cool $7.48. I had to settle for a pair of size 7s, but I have made much larger compromises for fashion – a loose flat won’t slow me down!

Anyway, later in the day, I picked up the jean skirt ($4.99) and the necklace ($.98) at Goodwill. The star earrings and black leggings were both picked up on sale at Target over the past two semesters as well. While it’s not teaching appropriate, I am pleased by having put together such an economically responsible outfit with my teaching means. Success!

Details of earrings:

and shoes: