Thursday, May 22, 2008

Helllloooo Wardrobe Bloggers!

My plan is to blog my outfits each day of the week. You might ask why, but I might just tell you not to read. Only kidding - I'm not entirely sure why except for the fact that it all comes back to Oh-no, Maine. I'm just not getting the kind of response I want (need). So... the interweb steps in! Hopefully, with any luck, this blogging will be as interesting for you as it is therapeutic for me.

Also...in all honesty...this will keep me from wearing the same pants three times a week. I generally spend quite a while putting something together for my teaching days, but those between days can get pretty messy. No more messy now! Well...at least not the unplanned, baggy-jeaned, sweat-shirted messy. :)

And...my ultimate inspiration comes from this little lady:

Little Edie Beale

















In her best monologue (in my opinion) she says:
"This is the best thing to wear for the day. You understand... Because I don't like women in skirts, and the best thing is to wear pantyhose or some pants... under a short skirt, I think. Then you have the pants under the skirt, and then you can pull the stockings up over the pants, underneath the skirt... And you can always take off the skirt and use it as a cape. So I think this is the best costume for the day... I have to think these things up, you know."


Edie had a lot of clothes, but it was really the ways that she put these pieces together that made her a star. If I start wearing sweater vests on my head, then you can attempt to set me straight. Until then, I'm going to keep wearing 'revolutionary' costumes and blogging them.

No comments: