Thursday, May 22, 2008

Gothic Golfer



Skull & Crossbones polo - Old Navy, Plaid Bermudas - Charlotte Russe, Red Flats - M. Patrick



Today I went for a twist on the J. Crew ultra-prep look. I love these shorts for the obvious reasons of fit, length, and plaid, but I hadn't tried them out with this shirt before today. As the title suggests, I was worried about pairing a black and white be-skulled polo with an equally dark bottom, but I think I achieved light-hearted whimsy rather than intimidating darkness.


My red shoes are my favorite, but they are starting to remind me of a certain red sweater that my grandfather used to wear (still wears? has anyone talked him out of it yet?). They are quite scuffed, and I'd love to be able to replace them. However, I do not believe that a more comfortable pair of flats exists.


In other news...I am going to working on the angle and lighting for pictures, but I'm getting a late start tonight. I'm also planning to buy a new digital camera, so that should improve things as well. I'll be much much happier when I don't have to use an upward angle in order to get a head-to-toe shot with the self-timer.


Here is a close-up of the skulls and crossbone detail:

No comments: